Two-time FCS All-American WR Wilson transfers home

Jake Moore, Sports Editor

Austin Peay grad transfer wide receiver DeAngelo Wilson announced via social media on Tuesday evening that he will be coming home to his native Bowling Green to play for the Hilltoppers.

Wilson is the second athlete in as many days to transfer to his hometown to play for WKU, joining Navy transfer Jamale Carothers. Both Wilson and Carothers graduated from Bowling Green High School.

https://twitter.com/D_Wilson11/status/1420151395844567040

Wilson notched a number of impressive accomplishments during the shortened 2020-21 season. Wilson averaged 112.4 yards over six games and converted three touchdowns, turning in five games with over 100 yards receiving. His play made him an AVCA First Team FCS All-American and Wilson was named the OVC Offensive Player of the Year.

Wilson had a dominant junior season as well, becoming the third receiver in Austin Peay history to record a 1,000-yard campaign, setting single-season program records in receptions (89), receiving yards (1,564), touchdowns (15) and receiving yards per game (104.3). He turned in eight 100-yard games during the 2019 season and hauled in three TD’s and 106 yards on just six receptions against North Carolina Central on Aug. 29, 2019. His junior year efforts made him a Second Team STATS FCS All-American and a member of the 2019 All-OVC Second Team.

Wilson caught 153 passes for 2,582 yards and 38 touchdowns during his time at Bowling Green High School, helping lead the program to a Kentucky Class 5A State Championship. He was named first team all-state and first team all-Sky Conference following his senior year.

Sports Editor Jake Moore can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @Charles_JMoore.