WKU Volleyball to host free intrasquad scrimmage

Credit: WKU Athletics

WKU Volleyball team celebrates during their game against Evansville on Sunday, Jan. 31, 2021 in Diddle Arena.

Jake Moore, Sports Editor

The WKU Volleyball program will give fans a sneak peek at this season’s roster by hosting a free scrimmage in E. A. Diddle Arena on Saturday, Aug. 14 from 3:30-5 p.m. CT.

The Hilltoppers are coming off of an undefeated regular season and a Sweet 16 appearance, the best result in program history. All 14 members of 2020’s team are returning along with four newcomers. The scrimmage will give the roster a chance to shake off the summer rust and get fans excited for another year of volleyball on the Hill.

Admission is free for everyone and fans are encouraged to park in Parking Structure 2. Everyone on WKU’s campus is required to wear masks indoors until further notice, and this policy extends to Diddle Arena.

The Hilltoppers will stay in Bowling Green after the scrimmage to face Kentucky, the defending national champions and the team that knocked WKU out of last year’s tournament, in a preseason exhibition game on Thursday, Aug. 19 at 5 p.m. CT. The exhibition will offer free admission as well.

The Hilltoppers’ regular-season home opener is slated for Tuesday, Aug. 31 at 6 p.m CT when the Belmont Bruins come to town.

Sports Editor Jake Moore can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @Charles_JMoore.