College of Health and Human Services hosts blood drive this week

Debra Murray

WKU Greek Life is holding two separate blood drive events as part of Greek Week. The first of which is on Monday, March 28 and is referred to as the “Tug” blood drive, and the second will be held from April 18-20 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Alexandria Anderson, News reporter

An ongoing campus-wide blood drive for the American Red Cross started on Monday, Oct. 25 until Wednesday, Oct. 27 in the Preston Center from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day.

Students can schedule their appointment by visiting redcrossblood.org and enter the sponsor code WKU. Making an appointment is encouraged, but students can still walk-in during these times and make a donation.

Those that make an appointment must be eligible to donate blood. These requirements include being at least 17 years old, weighing at least 110 pounds and being in generally good health. A driver’s license, blood donor card or two other forms of identification are required at check-in.

There is an incentive offer to participate in the blood drive. Participants will receive a commemorative t-shirt and a Zaxby’s e-gift card while supplies last.

According to the American Red Cross, donating blood has the potential to save countless lives as well as improve the lives of those living with chronic or traumatic illness. Eligible students and community members of all blood types are encouraged to donate at the blood drive.

News reporter Alexandria Anderson can be reached at [email protected].