Chick-fil-A seeking utility easement from Board of Regents

Photo courtesy of the Board of Regents agenda

Chick-fil-A building plan included in the Board of Regents committee meeting agenda for Jan. 21, 2022.

Jake Moore, Content Editor

The Board of Regents will meet Friday, Jan. 21, for its first committee meeting of 2022. The agenda features an Executive Committee action item to authorize a utility easement for Chick-fil-A to construct a storm sewer across university property.

Chick-fil-A is requesting the authorization on the basis of stormwater management. According to the agenda, the easement will allow for a storm sewer connection from the Chick-Fil-A property to an already existing drainage basin located next to the Speedway on Nashville Road.

According to the building plan included in the agenda, the plot is located at the intersection of Campbell Lane and Nashville Road next to WKU’s Center for Research and Development. The agenda states that Chick-fil-A purchased the land from the WKU Foundation in 2019 “for the purposes of constructing a new restaurant.” 

The agenda states that there is no expected increase in stormwater and that the permanent easement will measure “10’ wide and 95’ long and will cross driving lanes adjacent to the Chick-Fil-A development.”

Chick-fil-A could not be reached for confirmation of a new restaurant at this location. The company’s future openings page makes no mention of a franchise in this spot at this time. In addition to the campus location in Dero Downing Student Union, there is a franchise further down on Campbell Lane and another on Scottsville Road.

Content Editor Jake Moore can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @Charles_JMoore.