Isenbarger earns second consecutive C-USA Female Field Athlete of the Week

Arthur H. Trickett-Wile

WKU Hilltoppers’ senior Katie Isenbarger clears the crossbar at the high-jump at the Lenny Lyles Invitational track and field meet Saturday, Jan. 28 of 2022 at the Norton Healthcare Sports and Learning Center in Louisville, Kentucky. Isenbarger placed first in the event out of 27 competitors, though she had not high-jumped since her sophomore year.

Piper McCoun, Sports Reporter

WKU senior Katie Isenbarger was named Conference USA Female Field Athlete of the Week for the second consecutive week on Tuesday after breaking her own high jump record. 

The Zionsville, Ind. native earned first place in the high jump event after clearing 6’ even, breaking her own program record. This gives Isenbarger four of the top five indoor marks in WKU history. 

Isenbarger leads C-USA with her 6’ clearance by an inch and a half and is tied for eighth in the nation in the indoor standings. This jump was the highest collegiate mark she’s cleared in indoor and outdoor competitions. 

WKU has earned its third weekly honor of the indoor season as senior Savannah Heckman earned the track honor for the opening weekend of competition. This marks Isenbarger’s second consecutive track and field honor.

Isenbarger and WKU Track and Field will travel to Birmingham, Ala., for the Samford Bulldog Invite Feb. 11-12.

Sports Reporter Piper McCoun can be reached at [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter @piper_mccoun.