‘This is our big return’: Revolution 91.7 to host Mayhem festival for first time since pandemic

Photo courtesy of Revolution 91.7.

Alexandria Anderson, New reporter

Mayhem, a local independent music festival, is set to be held this Friday, April 29 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on South Lawn. The festival is being held by Revolution 91.7, an alternative college radio station. Admission is free.

A variety of local artists will be performing at the event, including Jive Talk, The Daddy Sisters, Susie Chism, Astronomy Club and Crush. There will also be local vendors.

This is the first Mayhem that has been held in recent years due to the pandemic, so members of the station hope that students and the Bowling Green community will come out to see what the festival has to offer.

“It’s been a while since we’ve had one [Mayhem] due to the pandemic and other factors so this is our big return,” Austin Preston, a broadcasting major and music director for Revolution 91.,7 said.

Events like this one could offer students a form of stress relief before finals week, which is one of the reasons Preston believes students should come and watch the festival.

“I think students should come out not only to have sort of a last ‘hoorah’ before finals, but to enjoy and support local musicians and the overall music scene in Bowling Green,” Preston said.

News reporter Alexandria Anderson can be reached at [email protected].