SGA passes bill to host trivia night at Glasgow campus

Peyton+Hess+discusses+an+SGA+bill+for+providing+funding+for+a+trivia+night+with+pizza+and+prizes+for+students+at+the+Glasgow+campus+on+Tuesday%2C+Feb.+28%2C+2023.+The+bill+passed+unanimously.+

Tucker Allen Covey

Peyton Hess discusses an SGA bill for providing funding for a trivia night with pizza and prizes for students at the Glasgow campus on Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2023. The bill passed unanimously.

Matt Fulkerson, SGA reporter

The Student Government Association discussed a bill to hold an event at the Glasgow campus at their meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 28.  

Peyton Hess, Glasgow regional ambassador, brought forth Bill 38-23-S to SGA in Bowling Green via Zoom. The bill includes funding for a trivia night at the Glasgow campus, including pizza and other prizes, one of them being the brand new WKU Glasgow t-shirt. 

“It allows students to go out and meet more people, gets them out in the community,” Hess said. 

The bill was passed unanimously. The date of the event is still being discussed. 

Mallory Hardesty, Junior Senator, says that this will give the students on the satellite campus “a real student experience.” A satellite campus is any campus of WKU not referring to the main campus in Bowling Green, which includes Glasgow, Elizabethtown, Owensboro, Fort Knox and Somerset. Hardesty also gave a brief report later of the Academic Quality Faculty Committee. 

Julie Mischuk, Speaker of the Senate, also announced that the Speech and Debate teams have won state championships.

Adan Canizalez, senator-at-large, was voted Senator of the Month for January. 

Matthew Fulkerson, SGA Reporter, can be reached out at [email protected].