Caboni to meet with students on first come, first serve basis

Mason Davis

President Timothy Caboni has opened office hours to speak with WKU students on a first come, first serve basis.

The idea was announced on his Facebook page on Sept. 14.

The sign up for the office hours is currently online. Students will be meet with Caboni at 10-minute intervals, to insure as many as possible get the opportunity to speak with Caboni. The meetings will take place in DSU 3018.

The idea of holding office hours with students was something Caboni talked about during his first visit to campus and mentioned during campus forums.

“He wants to create a dialogue with the students and give them a opportunity to ask him questions and share their viewpoints. Basically to open a dialogue and to see what’s on their minds,” WKU Media Relations Director Bob Skipper said.

The topic of discussion must be mentioned on the form and the general meeting must be approved by the Office of the President, assuming there is enough space for the student to meet.

There are a total of 27 slots, spread out over three days throughout the semester. Students will pick the day, and will be taken based upon the time they arrive for the meeting. They can meet with Caboni as individuals, or in groups of as many as three.

The available dates for the office hours are Sept. 19, Oct. 12 and Nov. 9. People have already begun to sign up for slots on all three dates. Reservations will continue to be taken until they are full.

Plans are already in place to secure office hour dates for the spring semester to allow this to continue.