WKU student-athletes set new cumulative GPA record, succeeding both on and off the field

Credit: WKU

Graduates wave their red towels near the end of the Potter College of Arts & Letters and University College commencement ceremony Feb. 20, 2021, at Diddle Arena.

Jake Moore, Sports Editor

WKU Athletics set a new academic record on Monday. The cumulative career GPA of all of WKU’s student-athletes sits at 3.19, besting the previous mark of 3.14 set in the spring of 2020.

13 of the university’s 14 athletic programs produced team GPAs of 3.0 or better. 64% of all student-athletes currently hold a 3.0 GPA or higher. 144 student-athletes were also named to either the President’s or Dean’s List this semester.

WKU Athletics’ spring and summer graduating classes of 2021 compiled a 3.35 cumulative GPA, the best mark since 2010. The Hilltoppers also set a new record earlier this month when 66 student-athletes received the Conference USA Commissioner’s Academic Medal, which recognizes student-athletes who kept a 3.75 GPA or better during the academic year.

Sports Editor Jake Moore can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @Charles_JMoore.