Department of Political Science, Students Teaching Students to host Philosophy and Coffee event

Morgan Flanagan

This week’s Philosophy and Coffee event is asking the question, “what is freedom and why is it important?”

Alexandria Anderson, News Reporter

A Philosophy and Coffee event, presented by the Department of Political Science and the Students Teaching Students club, will be held on Wednesday, March 2 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in DSU room 3005.

Austin Roehrich, a fourth-year history major and president of Students Teaching Students, explained that the event is for participants to have an open discussion about an important topic as well as enjoy free coffee and desserts.

The topic for this Philosophy and Coffee is “what is freedom and why is it important?”. This will provide a place for students to discuss this topic and consider how various forms of freedom affect them.

“Philosophy and Coffee was created to establish interest in the Students Teaching Students club and to provide an opportunity for students to examine philosophical topics,” Roehrich said.

He also spoke on what Students Teaching Students is and why they decided to host this event.

“The event is hosted by the Students Teaching Students club,” Roehrich said. “This organization is comprised of WKU students that wish to teach philosophy to others.”

Aside from the Philosophy and Coffee events, the club also meets weekly at 6 p.m. in room 316 of Cherry Hall.

News Reporter Alexandria Anderson can be reached at [email protected]