Caboni announces fundraising success in first half of 2019 financial year

President Timothy Caboni speaks on the university’s 2018-2028 strategic plan, which was unanimously approved by the Board of Regents during its meeting on Friday.

Lily Burris

In an email sent Monday, President Timothy Caboni announced that over the past six months, WKU has raised over $12.4 million in private gifts.

According to the email, WKU is on track to have another year of record-setting fundraising. Some of the programs benefiting from this fundraising are the Intercultural Student Engagement Center, the Center for Academic Resources and Success and the football and volleyball programs.

“Our institutional success depends upon philanthropy,” Caboni said. “It allows us to advance WKU, to enhance the experience of our students and to pursue strategic initiatives.”

Caboni thanked the many donors for their belief and participation in the university. He included people such as C.J. Nichols, Kristen and Phillip Bale and Sunshine and Joe Micatrotto to thank for supporting specific programs. He also thanked the Division of Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement for helping with the process, according to the email.

According to the email, the alumni donations also showed students were learning the value of philanthropy during their time at WKU. Caboni also noted giving to WKU provides alumni a way to remain connected to the university.

“Your work and our students’ successes continue to provide compelling reasons for our donors to invest in WKU,” Caboni said.

News reporter Lily Burris can be reached at 270-745-6011 and [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter at @lily_burris.