Details announced for Cage the Elephant concert

The stage for the Cage the Elephant concert is being set up on South Lawn next to Downing Student Union for the band’s performance on Saturday Sept. 8, 2018. Photo by Tyger Williams

Rebekah Alvey

Cage the Elephant, a Grammy Award-winning band started in Bowling Green, will be playing a show before the first WKU Football game of the season on Saturday, Sept. 8 at 4:30 p.m on South Lawn.

WKU athletics released information on the Cage the Elephant concert Tuesday afternoon with some answers to frequently asked questions.

According to the information, WKU students with valid student IDs or fans with tickets to the game have access to the show. 

Tailgating rules will remain in place for the show, but now tailgating tents will not be allowed on the lawn during the event due to expected attendence.

There will be free parking in the University Blvd. Lot, Creason Lot, Russellville Rd West Lot, Adams Street Lot, Kentucky Street Lot and Alumni Square Garage. Starting at 4 p.m. there will also be a free trolley service from the parking garage in downtown Bowling Green to campus. 

Reserved game day parking spaces are still available however WKU athletics advised fans to anticipate delays entering campus. 

WKU and the band announced the concert following a video President Timothy Caboni tweeted

Rebekah Alvey can be reached at 270-745-6011 and [email protected]. Follow Rebekah Alvey on Twitter at @bekah_alvey.