SGA releases budget report

Leah Brown

The Student Government Association released their 2013-2014 budget this Tuesday. 

They budgeted $125,000 and have a surplus amount of $46,883.62 leftover. 

“Our budget hasn’t changed that much since last December,” administrative vice president Nicki Seay said.

Seay said a few new things added to the budget are Healthy Days, organization bills, plastic bins, and stock photos.  

“We’re doing pretty good on funds,” Seay said. “I definitely have a lot more funds to allocate back out to the student body.” 

SGA allocates $54,000 to the legislative branch to spend on things such as organizational aid and grants.

In his report, student affairs committee chair Barrett Greenwell said the library will soon provide hard copy study materials for the MCAT, LSAT and CLEP tests. 

Hannah Neeper, Elizabeth Gribbins and AJ Stewart were approved as new senators. Ratlale “David” Mokone was approved to the position of student research council representative.

Seth Church said in his judicial council report that six new senate seats are now open. 

SGA passed Bill 3-14-S which allocates money to various organizations on campus.

SGA suspended its bylaws to pass Resolution 3-14-S, which supports WKU in administering the Campus Pride Index, a nonprofit organization. 

“It helps administrators and staff understand what they’re not doing for queers students,” author of the bill Andrew Salman said.