Tyrrell Pigrome officially leaves WKU Football program

Credit: WKU Athletics

Western Kentucky University graduate quarterback Tyrrell Pigrome drops back for a pass in Cardinal Stadium on Sept. 12, 2020. 

Wyatt Sparkman, Football Reporter

The WKU football program confirmed that graduate student quarterback Tyrrell Pigrome will be leaving the program for the 2021 season. Pigrome entered the transfer portal in March but remained with the team throughout the spring.

The Maryland transfer started 10 of 12 games for the Hilltoppers in 2020. The dual-threat quarterback completed 57.6% of his passes for 1603 yards and nine touchdowns while running for 337 yards and picking up four touchdowns on the ground. 

Pigrome did not turn the ball over much during his time on the Hill. He threw only two interceptions, both coming in the Lending Tree Bowl against Georgia State on Dec. 26. Pigrome threw for 218 yards and one touchdown in a dominant victory over the Charlotte 49ers on Dec. 6, the only time he broke the 200-yard barrier in 2020.

Pigrome’s best game as a Hilltopper came in the second week of the season on Sept. 19 against Liberty. He completed 72% of his passes while throwing for 181 yards and three touchdowns in a 24-30 loss. 

Football Reporter Wyatt Sparkman can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on twitter @wyattsparkman3.