Food truck announced as dining option for start of semester

Madison Hines and Lauren Keever (right) pick up their order from The Groovy Gus Donut Bus at Jackson’s Orchard and Nursery on Saturday, Oct. 3. 2020. Cindi Roehm (left), owner of the truck, said business has picked back up since she had to stop operation in the spring due to COVID-19. “We came to a complete halt in April,” Roehm said. “Now, it’s kind of back to normal.”

Debra Murray, Digital News Editor

Local Restaurant Row will start hosting various food trucks next week at the bottom of the Colonnade. 

The WKU Restaurant Group announced in an email that students can use meal plan, Dining, Flex and Big Red Dollars with the vendors. 

Students can purchase tokens valued for $1, $5 or $10 at cash registers to use at the food trucks or use meal swipes for value meals. 

This week’s vendors include Cassady’s Real Smoke BBQ, Que Pasa Tacos, South Cow, The Groovy Gus Donut Bus, Stoneybrooke Farm, Pelican’s SnoBalls, The Pie Queen of BG, Ms. Emmett’s Legendary Kitchen, and Kona Ice.

The Local Restaurant Row schedule for Aug. 23 until Aug. 27.

The food trucks will serve from 10-10:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. The WKU Restaurant Group will share the food truck schedule weekly on their social media

The new dining options are partly due to continued construction at the Commons at Helm Library, which was expected to be complete before the semester began.

Digital News Editor Debra Murray can be reached at [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter @debramurrayy