Audrey McDole named WKU Dance head coach

Cassady Lamb, Sports Reporter

Audrey McDole has been named the new Topperettes head coach, WKU Athletics announced in a press release Monday. She had previously served as co-coach for the Topperettes since the summer of 2021.

“I am thrilled to begin as head coach of the WKU Topperettes, and I am excited to see the continued investment in our Spirit Programs at WKU,” McDole said in a press release. 

McDole will not only be coaching full-time, but will also be providing organization for the team. This includes helping to prepare gameday and nationals competition routines, running the program’s social media accounts and growing WKU Dance’s recruiting and fundraising efforts.

McDole has 13 years of studio dancing classes. She also performed with Louisville Ballet in The Nutcracker for three years. She was a Topperette in the 2011-12 season where they made it to the National Dance Alliance’s final competition in 2012 NDA in Jazz.

McDole was the lead instructor at Tippi Toes, helping middle school and high school teams with choreography, judging and directing. 

McDole graduated from WKU in 2015 with a degree in Hospitality Management. She and her husband, Justin, have been married since 2019.

Sports Reporter Cassady Lamb can be reached at [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter @lambp0p.