HRL staff indicates Mike Reagle is gone, WKU will not confirm

Debra Murray and Jake Moore

Mike Reagle, WKU’s top housing and dining official since 2017, is gone from the university, according to staff members in the Housing and Residence Life office.

But WKU is giving no information on Reagle’s status other than indicating he remains employed. 

On Monday, April 25, a staff member in the Housing and Residence Life office shook their head in a negative response when a College Heights Herald reporter, acting on a tip, asked: “Does Mike Reagle still work here?”

The Herald called Reagle’s number found on WKU Housing and Residence Life’s contact page. Reagle, whose title is assistant vice president for student engagement and executive director for housing and dining, did not pick up. But the HRL staff member on the other end said a message could be taken.

When told that the Herald was looking to confirm Reagle’s employment status, the answer was “no comment.” 

The Herald reached out to Jace Lux, WKU’s director of media relations, on Monday to ask if Reagle was still employed.

“I checked with his direct supervisor and I don’t have anything to report,” Lux responded in an email. 

Ethan Logan, vice president for enrollment and student experience and Reagle’s boss, did not respond to a message left by a Herald reporter with his office on Monday.

When later informed that a staff member in the HRL office indicated that Reagle no longer works there, Lux said: “I don’t have any additional information to share at this time.”

Brian Kuster, who retired from the university in 2020. (WKU)

Multiple attempts to contact Reagle have been unsuccessful.

On Wednesday, April 27, the Herald learned that Brian Kuster, former vice president for enrollment and student experience who retired from WKU in 2020, was back on campus and working in the HRL office.

Staff in the office confirmed Kuster’s presence. When asked if Kuster would speak about why he returned, the Herald was instead told to contact WKU media relations.

The Herald contacted Lux again Wednesday to ask about Kuster. “I recommend contacting Ethan Logan, WKU’s Vice President for Enrollment and Student Experience, for comment,” Lux said in an email. “This is the first I have heard of Brian Kuster’s possible return, so I am unable to comment.”

The Herald called and visited Logan’s office, but was told he was at a meeting off-campus and was unavailable.

Lux then sent another email regarding Reagle, saying: “It is inaccurate to say that he is no longer employed by the university.”

The Herald immediately reached out to Lux by phone for further clarification, asking if Reagle is still the vice president for student engagement and executive director for housing and dining.

Lux responded by repeating: “It is inaccurate to say that he is no longer employed by the university.”

Content Editor Debra Murray can be reached at [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter @debramurrayy.

Content Editor Jake Moore can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @Charles_JMoore.