WKU Office of Sustainability to celebrate Earth Day at Centennial Mall

Photo from @wku_events on Instagram.

Students are invited to the WKU Office of Sustainability’s Earth Day celebration on April 19 from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Centennial Mall, where over 40 different student organizations and local businesses will be tabling, along with food, games, shopping and activities.

Students should expect to see tabling from different student organizations, including the WKU Water Pros, Ecology and Conservation Club, Graduate Student Association, American Conservation Coalition (ACC), Geology Club and White Squirrel Weather. 

Some local businesses that will be in attendance include the Community Farmer’s Market, Atmos Energy, Banjo Bakes, the Warren County Public Library and BikeWalkBG. 

“Earth Day is important for many reasons, it is a day dedicated to celebrating the planet we live on and the environments we are surrounded by,” Hannah Herman, a master’s geoscience student and organizer of the event said. “It provides a day to reflect on our relationship with the earth.”

Food trucks will also be in attendance of the celebration, the set-up will be similar to Market on the Avenue. Students can use their meal plan dollars to buy menu items.

“I think holding an Earth Day event is also very valuable because it provides our local community to see how our campus and surrounding community interacts with our environment,” Herman said. “It provides an opportunity to share with and teach each other.”

Anyone interested in tabling or volunteering at the event can reach out to [email protected].

News Reporter Izzy Lanuza can be reached at [email protected]