WKU department of Theatre & Dance to host 50th anniversary of ‘Evening of Dance’

WKU’s Department of Theatre & Dance will host the 50th anniversary of “Evening of Dance” at the Russell H. Miller Theatre from April 18 to April 21. 

The concert features a mix of ballet, jazz, modern and tap, and has work choreographed by WKU dance faculty and other guest artists. 

WKU dance alumni have also become involved with the program. Associate professor of dance, Meghen McKinley shared how they were able to get alumni participation in the concert. 

“Through social media alumni information sharing, a video finale including alumni from across the globe, special pre-show reels featuring archival footage, and an Alumni Dance Dance that invited alumni and prospective students to samplings of classes from current faculty,” McKinley said. 

The concert is suitable for all ages and includes classical and pop music and light-hearted themes. 

Tickets are available through the Fine Arts Box Office. Regular tickets are $16, while student and senior tickets are $12. Shows Thursday through Saturday will begin at 7:30 p.m. while the Sunday showing will begin at 2:00 p.m..

News Reporter Maggie Phelps can be reached at [email protected]