Ransdell asks for campus cooperation for Tuesday’s game

Gary Ransdell

Michael McKay

In an email sent to faculty and staff earlier today, President Gary Ransdell asked for the university to help with parking and congestion before Tuesday night’s game against Louisiana-Lafayette.

Here is the email in full:

Colleagues:

On Tuesday, October 15, WKU will host the University of Louisiana-Lafayette in a nationally-televised football game (ESPN2) at 7 p.m.  This game is expected to bring thousands of visitors who will share our campus that evening with our faculty, staff, and students.  Tailgating will begin as early as 4 p.m.

Beginning at 3:15 p.m., we are asking offices to operate with minimal staff and allow employees choosing to do so to leave campus.  This will help with parking and traffic.  Those choosing to leave will not be charged vacation time.  Classes will continue as scheduled, but commuting students may want to consider parking in one of the outer lots and riding a shuttle that day.

Avenue of Champions from College Heights Boulevard (PS1) to University Boulevard will close at 4:30 p.m.  Entry into parking areas around Houchens Industries-Smith Stadium, including PS1, PS2, South Lawn and street parking on Avenue of Champions, will end at 2 p.m. and those areas will need to be cleared by 3:30 p.m.  Most of these spaces are reserved.

This game will put our campus in the national spotlight.  Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.  We hope as many of you as possible can enjoy this unusual weeknight experience.

Gary A. Ransdell