Student Alumni Association spreads the love on Valentine’s Day

Quiche Matchen

The Student Alumni Association met outside of Java City on Valentine’s Day to hand out pre-made Valentines and give students the chance to make some of their own.

The Valentines SAA handed out included their contact, Facebook and Twitter information.

SAA President Charlotte Rice said the event was a way for people to get to know their organization.

Big Red also made an appearance at the Valentine’s Day event.

“We just like it, it’s a good way to get our name out there and it’s kind of a fun and interactive thing for students to do,” she said.

Rice said that the event got busier in between classes.

“Most people take Valentines, they don’t want to stop and make one,” she said. “I made a bunch of Valentines this morning to give out to people.”

Springfield, Tenn. senior Katie Spears said the Valentines she received from the event were cute.

“I probably wouldn’t have made one,” she said.

Spears said although she hates Valentine’s Day, she appreciated the Valentine she received.

Rice said this is the second year for this event and they’ve almost tripled their membership since then.

She said she and assistant director of  Alumni Relations, Tori Henninger, came up with the idea to have the event last year.

“Last year, we started this event as a way of showing that WKU not only appreciates their students, but I know that students like to feel loved on Valentine’s Day,” Henninger said.

Henninger said she thinks this event is a fun way of spreading cheer in an informal way and give students a little love.