Students anticipate the Dierks Bentley homecoming concert

Ella Burnside

On Thursday, hundreds of WKU students will flood Diddle Arena for the highly publicized Homecoming concert. This year the Student Activities Board is bringing Dierks Bentley.

The Grammy-nominated country music artist recently shared the stage with Willie Nelson at a concert honoring Johnny Cash. Bentley is famous for crafting unique and exciting songs that have been instant radio hits.

Bentley’s sixth album,  “Home,” was released earlier this year and the album’s first three singles earned extensive airtime on country music stations.

The impending arrival of Bentley, who is currently the youngest member of the Grand Ole Opry, has aroused excitement from country music fans all over campus, including Louisville sophomores Emily Roach and Brittany Moster.  

Roach and Moster, who attended Luke Bryan’s concert at Homecoming last year, purchased Dierks Bentley tickets the day after they went on sale.

When asked what her favorite Dierks Bentley songs were, Roach said she really likes “Home” and “Am I the Only One.”

Both girls agreed that all of Bentley’s songs were good.

“His voice is like heaven,” Roach said.

Moster said she loved his voice but  also thinks he’s attractive and has great hair.

She expects Bentley to put on a “crazy, awesome” show.

Both girls said they enjoyed seeing country music artists at WKU two years in a row.

“It’s fine by me because I like country music, but I know a lot of people who don’t,” Moster said. “They could maybe switch it up or do another event like Cage the Elephant, because Homecoming is kind of the country (event) I guess.”

Dierks Bentley tickets are available at the Diddle Arena box office or via phone at 1-800-5-BIG-RED. Tickets are $20 in advance for WKU students/staff or $35 for non-students. Tickets will be $30 at the door for students/staff or $45 for non-students. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the show starts at 7 p.m.