UPDATED: WKU HRL to bring back ‘Valleypalooza’ event

Molly Dobberstein, News reporter

Editor’s note: This story was updated on Wednesday, April 26 when WKU HRL announced a rain call. This event has been canceled due to a high chance of rain.

WKU Housing and Residence Life will host their “Valleypalooza” event Thursday, April 27, from 5-8 p.m. in “the valley.”

The Valley is located in the grassy area behind Hilltopper Hall, in front of Gilbert Hall.

“Valleypalooza is an annual event that dates to 1993 on the Hill,” Kirsten Hooks, marketing coordinator for HRL, said. “It was started during or around finals week to provide a stress-relieving, outdoor activity to students.”

Students will have the ability to enjoy food from Dog Pen Hotdog Truck, Kona Ice and Kettle Queen Popcorn, Hooks said. Along with the food, activities like a dunk tank, yard games, sidewalk chalk and inflatables will also be available for students to use.

There will also be a “swag-bar” with create your own tote bags, Hooks said. 

“Everything is free to WKU students,” Hooks said. “They’ll just need to check in with the iWKU app at one of our check in tables to get a wristband.”

A rain call will be made early Wednesday morning due to the threat of inclement weather for Thursday, Hooks said. 

“This event is a huge tradition within Housing and Residence Life,” Hooks said. “We are ecstatic to have it back.”

News reporter Molly Dobberstein can be reached at [email protected].