Student Government Association senators sworn-in, first Senator of the Month awarded

Preston Jenkins
The WKU Student Government Association meets for their first meeting of the semester on Tuesday, Aug. 29. They met in the SGA chambers located in Downing Student Union.

The WKU Student Government Association’s newly-elected fall senators were sworn-in during the 6th meeting of the 23rd Senate on Tuesday.

The winners of the fall election were announced on Sept. 20 over a live-stream from SGA’s Instagram account, @wkusga.

The newly-elected members are Savanna Kurtz, Malick Ibrahim, and Chloe Ralston as freshman senators, ShyAntye’e Williams as graduate senator, Sim Guan Zhou as international senator and Livi Ray as Gatton Academy senator.

During Tuesday’s meeting, five of these senators were sworn into their positions.

Thomas Pabin, senator-at-large, was also sworn into his position in the Faculty Welfare committee.

Sam Kurtz, SGA president, welcomed each senator into the 23rd Senate and expressed his excitement for each to step into their roles.

SGA also announced their first Senator of the Month award during the meeting. This entailed the Senate voting on which senator they thought had made the most impact within the organization over the last month.

The recipient of this award was Rush Robinson, sophomore senator and member of the Parking and Transportation Services Appeal Committee.

Robinson thanked the Senate for selecting him for the award and their recognition in all he has recently done with SGA.

News Reporter Ali Costellow can be reached at [email protected]