WKU social work to hold Social Work Career Fair

Photo provided by WKU Social Work

The WKU social work department will hold the second annual Social Work Career Fair from 3 to 5 p.m. on Thursday, March 28 at the Knicely Conference Center.

The fair will include networking with local agencies, discovering job and internship opportunities and working with WKU Career Services on resume and interview tips. 

The event will also allow guests to enjoy free food, yoga, massages and other giveaway prizes.

“The goal of the event is to encourage our students to improve their professional skills through experience and opportunity,” Ray Saul, a social work graduate student, said.

The networking will allow students to interview vendors who specialize in specific areas of social work allowing students to find a passion or interest through them. 

It will also allow students to learn about paid and unpaid internships within their field of interest and focus on later job opportunities within the social work field. 

“While the main idea is to promote professional development, we want to provide other beneficial things. Food, photos, coaching sessions, professionalism tips and giveaways will all be offered, as well,” Saul said.

For any questions, students can email [email protected] or contact 270-745-4263.

News Reporter Kaylee Hawkins can be reached at [email protected]