WKU Volleyball advances to C-USA Championship Game following five set thriller

WKU+Volleyball+players+cheer+on+their+teammates+after+scoring+a+point+during+the+WKU+Volleyball+match+against+University+of+Arkansas+at+the+E.A+Diddle+Arena+in+Bowling+Green+on+Wednesday%2C+Sept.+8%2C+2023.+
Dominic Di Palermo
WKU Volleyball players cheer on their teammates after scoring a point during the WKU Volleyball match against University of Arkansas at the E.A Diddle Arena in Bowling Green on Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2023.

WKU Volleyball defeated the University of Texas at El Paso in five sets, 3-2 on Nov. 18, 2023 in the Conference USA semifinals. 

WKU won the first two sets 25-23; 25-15 respectively. After falling in the third and fourth set, they punched their ticket to the C-USA Championship in the fifth set, 15-5.

As a team, the Hilltoppers averaged a .205 hitting percentage. Additionally, they posted 161 total attempts and 55 kills.

Fifth Year outside hitter Paige Briggs acquired 18 kills for the team. Redshirt freshman outside and middle hitter Logan Grevengoed and freshman middle hitter Izzy Van De Wiele recorded 6 blocks each. 

Redshirt sophomore setter Callie Bauer had 45 assists in the match. Sophomore defensive specialist Abby Schaefer put up 17 digs.

WKU will meet either New Mexico State or Florida International in the championship game Sunday, Nov. 19 at 11 a.m. CT.