Raymond Cravens Library introduces free New York Times and Wall Street Journal memberships

Students, faculty and staff at WKU can now access free all-access subscriptions to the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal with the help of Raymond Cravens Library.

After signing up, subscribers can indulge in an assortment of newsletters, videos, podcasts and games.

Andrew Adler, department chair and associate professor of Cravens Library, spoke on how the library made it possible.

“We’re always reaching out to vendors and contacts to see what they can offer us. Once we get in contact, we talk numbers to see what fits our budget and find a deal that works for both parties,” Adler said.

When subscribing to the Wall Street Journal, users must use their TopNet accounts to be granted a membership.

As far as the New York Times, any email account is acceptable as long as members use the provided link sent to all WKU students, staff and faculty via email.

Adler also noted that student feedback helps them find sources of media that they can add to WKU’s pool of resources.

“The mission of our library is to provide access to knowledge and material necessary for success. We think that these resources are preparing students for a global workforce, so we always look forward to student suggestions if they can enhance our catalog,” Adler said.

News Reporter Larkin Ivory can be reached at [email protected].