Man arrested in connection to death of WKU student

Photo provided by Bowling Green Police Department.
Kobee Lancaster, 24, was arrested in connection to the homicide of Ayanna Morgan.

A man has been arrested for connection to the homicide of Ayanna Morgan, a WKU student.

Morgan, 21, was shot Sunday night at Muse Bowling Green, an off-campus student apartment complex. She was airlifted to a Nashville hospital and died from her injuries the next morning.

Kobee Lancaster, 24, from Bowling Green, was arrested on Tuesday with a charge of first degree assault, according to the Bowling Green Police Department uniform citation.

He turned himself in to the Bowling Green Police Department alongside his attorney, Alan Simpson. Lancaster had a warrant for his arrest.

Lancaster was accused of striking Morgan with an SUV after she was shot in the Muse parking lot, according to the Bowling Green Daily News.

According to Warren County Regional Jail records, Lancaster’s court date was today at 9 a.m., and he is under a $500,000 cash bond.

Police are still actively searching for Malik Jones, who is under an active warrant for the murder of Morgan, police said.

Police said Jones is considered armed and dangerous and should not be approached, and if seen, call 911. Those with information on his whereabouts should contact Crime Stoppers at 270-781-2583.

Editor-in-chief Alexandria Anderson can be reached at [email protected].