WKU student victim of deadly collision

Editor’s note: This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

A WKU student was the victim of a collision Friday evening and later pronounced dead. 

Daishyera Chanel Marie Garner, 22, was involved in a collision on Campbell Lane at 5:15 p.m., Friday, Nov. 17, the Bowling Green Police Department reported via Facebook.

“Yesterday, we lost a valuable member of the WKU family,” Jace Lux, WKU university spokesperson said. “We extend our deepest condolences to Daishyera’s family and loved ones as they grieve this tragic loss.”

Garner was struck by one vehicle that pushed her into another lane of traffic and was then struck by a second vehicle. Garner was taken to an area hospital where she was pronounced dead.

Involvement of alcohol or drugs is not suspected in this incident and no charges have been filed, BGPD reported. 

Campbell Lane was closed for reconstruction after the incident and was opened roughly an hour later.

The family of Garner has been notified of the death and the details of the collisions, however no other information has been released at this time, Ally Henard for WBKO reported. 

“The death of any member of our campus community is distressing, and we encourage individuals in need of counseling to contact the WKU Counseling Center,” Lux said.

News reporter Maggie Phelps can be reached at [email protected]